Laser vision correction, such as LASIK and PRK, are used to correct refractive errors, allowing the men and women who undergo surgery to see clearly without glasses or contact lenses. Changes made to the cornea during laser vision correction are permanent and, in many cases, can reduce the need for prescription eyewear even as you age.
The American Academy of Cataract and Refractive Surgery reports that 96% of LASIK patients achieve vision of 20/20 or better. 95% of patients achieve similar results with PRK, making both laser vision correction options ideal for permanent vision correction.
At the Yorktown and Poughkeepsie offices of Seeta Eye Centers, our board-certified eye surgeons offer the most advanced and effective forms of laser vision correction. If you live in the Hudson Valley area and are considering LASIK, PRK, refractive lens exchange, or any other type of permanent vision correction, please call 845-454-1025 to schedule a free consultation and learn more.
Why Consider Laser Vision Correction
There are myriad reasons to consider laser vision correction. Five of the most compelling are:
- Laser vision correction makes life more convenient. Taking care of prescription eyewear, maintaining contacts and protecting glasses, can be cumbersome. Traveling is made more difficult. So too is seeing clearly when you wake, while you are in the water, while you are exercising, and when dust or particles are in the air. With LASIK or PRK, you eliminate your need for glasses and contact lenses, making life significantly more convenient.
- Laser vision correction will save you time. How much time do you spend taking care of your contact lenses? How much time have you wasted looking for, cleaning, or fixing and replacing glasses? Following PRK or LASIK, these things are unnecessary. Many people are able to shave several minutes off of their morning routine simply by undergoing laser vision correction – minutes that could be better used drinking a cup of coffee or getting a few extra moments of rest.
- Laser vision correction can protect your eye health. There are an estimated 1 million eye infections in the United States every year. The CDC reports that 40-90% of contact wearers do not properly clean their lenses, leading to one in 500 becoming so seriously infected, blindness becomes a risk. Following LASIK or PRK, you don’t have to worry about eye infections from contact lenses ever again.
- Laser vision correction can save you money. Of course, the upfront cost of LASIK is higher than replacing contact lenses or glasses, but the long-term savings can be impressive. Consider never having to buy prescription eyewear again. How much would you save, not just on contacts or frames, but on care and cleaning supplies as well? If the cost of LASIK is a concern, consider using your FSA or HSA for laser vision correction or talk to us about your financing options today.
- Laser vision correction helps restore confidence. If you are self-conscious about your eyewear, unhappy with frequent eye irritation from contacts, or limited by your need to constantly reach for glasses, PRK or LASIK may help you feel more confident. Imagine not having to worry about frame style or to be concerned that your contacts may make your eyes red and irritated. Imagine being freed from the care eyewear demands. Following laser vision correction, these concerns are eliminated, allowing you to feel more self-assured and confident in all you do.
In addition to these benefits, laser vision correction makes it possible to fall asleep without fear of irritation or broken eyewear, to exercise and participate in group sports without stressing about impact, and to enjoy a day to day life free of the irritations and limitations brought by contact lenses and glasses.
If you find prescription eyewear cumbersome or simply wish to live a life free of eyewear maintenance, now is the best time to contact our Poughkeepsie eye doctors, schedule a free consultation, and learn how we can help you achieve optimal vision with laser vision correction.
Types of Laser Vision Correction
Our laser vision correction surgeons have taken great care to incorporate advanced technology and proven techniques that can help ensure the most pleasing results for our patients. In addition to traditional LASIK, we offer:
- Wavefront LASIK – also known as custom LASIK, wavefront technology allows our ophthalmologists to create precise images of your eyes, producing a map to guide the laser and more accurately reshape the cornea.
- Bladeless LASIK – we offer IntraLase, a completely blade-free LASIK option that may be useful in reducing certain risks with the LASIK flap. Bladeless LASIK may also help reduce risks for some post-LASIK complications and may be better at producing pleasing results.
IntraLase is sometimes a good option for people whose corneal thickness has made them poor LASIK candidates in the past. However, even custom and bladeless LASIK cannot make the procedure ideal for every eye. In these cases, our Yorktown eye doctors will likely recommend PRK.
PRK is the original laser vision correction service. Because there is no flap created during this type of refractive error correction surgery, corneal thickness is not an issue. The reshaping of underlying corneal tissue is identical with LASIK and PRK. The only difference is how that tissue is accessed by our eye surgeons. If your corneal thickness is insufficient to support a LASIK flap, we will happily discuss PRK in greater detail to help you determine if it is a good fit for your needs.
Why Choose Us?
Our eye doctors and surgeons have been serving the Hudson Valley area for nearly 50 years. We take great pride in developing lasting relationships with our patients, enabling us to customize services and ensure each person is provided the treatments they need and deserve. Our board-certified ophthalmologists care deeply about the health and happiness of each person they see and work hard to provide a safe, welcoming, and convenient environment for everyone who walks through our doors.
If you are looking for an eye doctor in Poughkeepsie or Yorktown, or if you live in the Hudson Valley area and are considering laser vision correction, call Seeta Eye Centers at 845-454-1025 to schedule a consultation today. We look forward to learning how we can help you achieve the crystal-clear vision you deserve.